Table of Contents
Lychee is a tropical fruit native to China, where it has been grown for more than 2,000 years but today we will take a look at the Health Benefits of Lychee. Today, it is widely cultivated in other parts of Asia, as well as in South Africa, Australia, and the United States. Lychee is a small, round fruit with the red, rough, and spiky outer skin. Inside, the fruit is sweet and juicy, with white or pink translucent flesh and a large seed in the center.
Nutrition Profile of Lychee
According to experts, this is a fruit that is very useful for health, besides improving the immune power and blood circulation, it also performs the function of beautifying the skin. It contains high amounts of vitamin C, which is very beneficial for human health.
Apart from this, it is rich in magnesium, phosphorus, iron, manganese, and copper, all these minerals allow the bones to absorb calcium which makes the bones strong and strong. Lychee contains proanthocyanidins and lecithin, which have the property of providing protection against all types of viruses and preventing the spread of viruses.
Lychee is a low-calorie fruit that is packed with nutrients. A 100-gram serving of lychee contains:
|Vitamin C||119% of the Daily Value (DV)|
|Copper||9% of the DV|
|Potassium||5% of the DV|
|Vitamin B6||4% of the DV|
|Riboflavin||4% of the DV|
Health Benefits of Lychee
Lychee also has many skin beauty benefits, the many properties found in lychee can provide many benefits to your skin. Vitamin C present in litchi makes the skin healthy and beautiful and also removes the effects of aging from the face. Like the countless benefits of litchi, its peels are also very useful and can be used on the skin and hair in a variety of way
- Boosts Immunity: Lychee is an excellent source of vitamin C, which plays a vital role in strengthening the immune system. It helps to promote the production of white blood cells and antibodies, which help to fight off infections and diseases.
- Promotes Digestion: Lychee is rich in fiber, which helps to keep the digestive system healthy. It helps to prevent constipation, diarrhea, and other digestive problems.
- Prevents Cancer: Lychee contains a high level of antioxidants, which can help to prevent the development of cancer. Antioxidants work by neutralizing free radicals, which are harmful molecules that can damage cells and lead to cancer.
- Improves Heart Health: Lychee is a rich source of potassium, which is essential for maintaining a healthy heart. Potassium helps to regulate blood pressure and reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Aids Weight Loss: Lychee is a low-calorie fruit that is high in fiber. It helps to keep you full for longer, which can help to reduce your overall calorie intake and aid in weight loss.
- Promotes Healthy Skin: Lychee is rich in vitamin C, which is essential for the production of collagen, a protein that helps to keep skin looking young and healthy. Vitamin C also helps to protect the skin from damage caused by UV radiation and other environmental factors
- Supports Brain Function: Lychee contains a range of vitamins and minerals that are essential for brain function, including thiamine, niacin, and copper. These nutrients help to support cognitive function, improve memory, and reduce the risk of neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s.
Usage of lychee
Lychee peels can be used as a face scrub. For this, put the peel in a mixer grinder and grind rice flour, aloe vera gel, and rose water. Massage your face and wash it off with clean water. It will make your face glow.
Apply a few drops of litchi juice mixed with rose water for 20 minutes for oily skin and acne, it will completely get rid of oily skin in summer and also get rid of problems like acne.
Lychee peels can remove dead skin on the neck, for this grind the peels and make a paste with lemon juice, coconut oil, and turmeric, it will remove the dead cells from the neck.
Lychee peel is very helpful in cleaning ankle dirt. For this, grind the peel finely and mix it with Multani clay, apple cider vinegar, and baking soda. Apply it on the ankles and leave it for 20 minutes. Then wash it off with water.
This juicy fruit contains copper which is useful for better hair growth. Mix 2 tablespoons of aloe vera pulp with a little litchi juice and apply it on your hair for an hour and wash it off.
Read This: Garlic health benefits for human health
How to Preserve Lychee for Long
Lychee is a highly perishable fruit that should be consumed within a few days of being picked. However, there are a few ways to extend the shelf life of lychee:
- Refrigeration: Store lychee in the refrigerator at a temperature of 5-7 degrees Celsius. This will help to slow down the ripening process and extend the shelf life of the fruit.
- Freezing: Lychee can be frozen for up to six months. To freeze lychee, peel and remove the seed, then place the fruit in a ziplock bag and store it in the freezer.
- Canning: Lychee can also be canned and preserved for several months. To can lychee, peel and remove the seed, then pack the fruit into jars with syrup and process in a water bath canner.
In conclusion, lychee is a delicious and nutritious fruit that offers a range of health benefits. It is rich in antioxidants, fiber, and vitamins, and can help to boost the immune system, improve digestion, prevent cancer, and promote heart health. By storing lychee in the refrigerator, freezer, or canning, it is possible to enjoy this tropical fruit for longer.